Valentine’s Day is coming soon. If you want some sweets for your sweetie, these Fudgy Bonbons are perfect. A rich chocolate dough is wrapped around a chocolate candy kiss. After a quick bake the bonbons are covered in a swirl of white chocolate glaze and a sprinkling of candy hearts.
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
2 cups flour
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla
60 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
2 oz white chocolate baking bar
1 teaspoon shortening or oil
Heart sprinkles (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. In medium saucepan, combine chocolate chips and butter. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted and smooth. (Mixture will be stiff.) Add condensed milk and mix well.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, nuts, chocolate mixture and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Shape 1 tablespoon dough (use measuring scoop) around each milk chocolate kiss, covering completely. Place 1 inch apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
5. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes. Do Not Over Bake. Cookies will be soft and shiny but will firm up as they cool. Remove from baking sheets. Cool completely.
6. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine white chocolate baking bar and shortening. Cook over low heat, stirring, until melted and smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Scatter with heart sprinkles, if using. Let stand until set. Store in tightly covered container.
Makes about 60 bonbons
Recipe from Pillsbury
If you eat too many fudgy bonbons you might very well get More Fatter. In that case, put on “Yeah You” and dance yourself silly with this crazy good song. Oh those horns.
“I want to have you
in my life”