Oh man are these rolls good! The recipe says it serves 8. That would be for some very disciplined people.
Four of us inhaled the whole skillet in less than 5 minutes. Buttery, cheesy, garlicky….Yum. I wanted to get a photo of the inside for you, but that pan was empty before I could grab my camera again.
Cheesy Pull-Apart Bread
8 sticks mozzarella string cheese
1 lb pizza dough
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
2. Spray a 12-inch cast-iron skillet with cooking spray.
3. Cut mozzarella sticks into 20 (3/4 inch long) pieces. Cut the remaining mozzarella into small pieces.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to about a 1/2 inch thickness. Use a 2 inch round cutter to cut out 20 circles of dough. Reroll the scraps of dough as necessary.
5. Place 1 piece of mozzarella in center of each dough piece. Wrap the dough around the cheese and pinch the seam to seal.
6. Place the cheese filled dough balls into the prepared skillet, seam side down. Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella over the dough balls.
7. Bake for 12 minutes, until golden brown. Sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for 5 more minutes.
8. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Brush the mixture all over the rolls and serve immediately.
Recipe from Paula Deen
Sold on just the name.
Put me in a 1980s time capsule?
Sold on ‘She’.