He has absolutely nothing to do with this post.
Here is an easy recipe for sticky buns that uses only 5 ingredients. Mincemeat, a combination of dried fruits and spices, is used to fill store-bought dough along with butter and sugar. Super easy, wicked tasty and fills your kitchen with heavenly aromas.
Mincemeat Sticky Buns
1 large navel orange
1 (9-ounce) package condensed mincemeat, crumbled (Don’t use jarred mincemeat…it’s too wet)
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
1 pound frozen white bread dough, thawed overnight in refrigerator according to package instructions
1. Grate enough orange zest to measure 1 teaspoon, then squeeze juice from orange.
2. Stir together zest, juice, and mincemeat in a bowl and let stand at room temperature, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed, about 1 to 2 hours.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons butter generously over bottom and lightly onto sides of a 9-inch square baking pan and sprinkle bottom with 1/3 cup brown sugar.
4. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a floured rolling pin into a 16 x 10-inch rectangle.
5. Spread remaining 2 tablespoons butter over top of dough, then sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/3 cup brown sugar. Crumble mincemeat evenly over sugar.
6. Beginning from 1 long side, roll up dough into a log (like a jelly roll) and pinch seam to seal. Cut the log crosswise into 9 equal slices.
7. Arrange slices, cut side down and about 1 1/2 inches apart, in prepared baking pan. Cover pan with a sheet of wax paper and drape a kitchen towel over. Let buns rise in a warm, draft-free spot until they are almost doubled in size, about 1 1/4 hours.
8. Position rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 375°F.
9. Remove kitchen towel and wax paper from baking pan. Bake buns 30 minutes, then loosely cover with foil and continue to bake until cooked through, about 10 minutes more.
10. Cool slightly in pan on a rack, about 5 minutes. Wearing oven mitts, invert a platter over pan and, keeping platter and pan firmly pressed together, invert buns onto platter. Carefully lift pan off buns. Cool buns to warm.
Note: Buns can be baked 8 hours ahead. Cool completely in pan, then cover pan with foil. Reheat in same pan, covered, in a preheated 350°F oven until warm, about 10 minutes.
Makes 9 buns
Recipe from Gourmet Magazine
“Mirror” is just what I need right now.
Rié fu, the Tokyo-based singer, nails the thoughtful observations of a foreigner in another country. In her case these thoughts are from her time in Britain.
It’s stripped down, it’s rising up. Rié fu’s voice is pure loveliness.
‘I see you reflecting me’.
Check out Rié fu on her Website. You can buy the music here.