Well, I was late to the party on that one. Cracks me up, though…that voice kills me. :)
You might just love this recipe 5ever. The sautéed veggies tucked into puff pastry with some ham and cheese makes for a great sandwich. Serve with soup or a salad for a tasty meal.
Hot Ham & Cheese Slices
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
1. In a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms, pepper and onions in butter until tender. Set aside.
2. Unfold pastry. Layer the ham, cheese and mushroom mixture off-center on each sheet of pastry. Fold pastry over filling and pinch seams to seal.
3. Place filled pastry packets onto parchment lined baking sheets.
4. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Cut each with a serrated knife into four slices.
Note: Freeze option: Allow mushroom mixture to cool before filling pastry. Cover and freeze unbaked filled pastries on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags and return to freezer. To use, remove pastries from freezer 30 minutes before baking and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake and serve as directed.
Serves 6 to 8
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Here’s a folksy knee-slapper of a tune. And it has delicious “YOU-ooooohs”.
“Illinois” is new from Ohio-based band Oliver Hazard.
“It’s always you”
Check out Oliver Hazard on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and buy their music.
Looks so delicious, my mum used to make similar pastry for me and my brother for school :)
What a great mum! I loved the leftover slices cold the next day so I can see that they would be great for a school lunch.