Well, I was late to the party on that one. Cracks me up, though…that voice kills me. :)
You might just love this recipe 5ever. The sautéed veggies tucked into puff pastry with some ham and cheese makes for a great sandwich. Serve with soup or a salad for a tasty meal.
Hot Ham & Cheese Slices
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
1. In a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms, pepper and onions in butter until tender. Set aside.
2. Unfold pastry. Layer the ham, cheese and mushroom mixture off-center on each sheet of pastry. Fold pastry over filling and pinch seams to seal.
3. Place filled pastry packets onto parchment lined baking sheets.
4. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes.
5. Cut each with a serrated knife into four slices.
Note: Freeze option: Allow mushroom mixture to cool before filling pastry. Cover and freeze unbaked filled pastries on waxed paper-lined baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags and return to freezer. To use, remove pastries from freezer 30 minutes before baking and place on a greased baking sheet. Bake and serve as directed.
Serves 6 to 8
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Here’s a folksy knee-slapper of a tune. And it has delicious “YOU-ooooohs”.
“Illinois” is new from Ohio-based band Oliver Hazard.
“It’s always you”
Check out Oliver Hazard on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and buy their music.