I am sure that both Yanny and Laurel will love these Double Chocolate Banana Muffins.
Chocolate and banana are a delicious combination. Both flavors shine brightly in these dense, chocolate chip studded muffins. The streusel topping, though, is really what sets them apart. Buttery and crisp…just divine over the moist cake.
These make 12 very generous sized muffins. I loved their supersize, but if you want the muffins to be a bit smaller shoot for a quantity of about 14.
Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1-1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
1/3 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips (I used regular size)
Streusel Topping (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk together the first six ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk bananas, oil and egg until blended. Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
4. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full of batter. Sprinkle each with some of the streusel.
5. Bake until a tester inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm or cool.
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter
1. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until crumbly.
Makes about 1 dozen
Recipes from Taste of Home
Dig into your muffins and chill out to this ethereal bit of electronica. Its length makes it that much more mesmerizing.
Check out Uma E on Facebook where you can keep tuned to find out where to buy her music.