Q: What do you call a dog on the beach in the Summer?
A: A hot dog.
Food on sticks is always fun and these Easy Parmesan Pastry-Wrapped Hot Dogs are no exception. A creamy mustard dipping sauce makes them as ready for a party as for a festive dinner.
Easy Parmesan Pastry-Wrapped Hot Dogs
2 (16-ounce) packages beef hot dogs
1 (17.3-ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 large egg, lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon paprika
1. Soak 20 (12-inch) wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Insert a wooden skewer into each hotdog.
3. On a lightly floured work surface, unfold pastry sheets. Cut each sheet lengthwise into 20 strips. Wrap 2 strips pastry around each hot dog, pressing to seal ends.
4. Place wrapped hot dogs onto prepared pans. Brush pastry with beaten egg mixture then sprinkle with Parmesan.
5. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and remaining 3 ingredients. Serve dip with the hot dogs.
Recipe from Paula Deen
“Are you strange?”
Why, yes. And very proud of it.
And proud to share this awesome new electro goodness from AY Wing.