You will sleep soundly knowing that the next day’s special breakfast is going to be a snap to make.
Tuck some purchased cookie dough inside ready made crescent roll dough to make these super easy breakfast rolls. Cloaked in a sweet glaze, they are heaven to wake up to.
Cookies And Crescent Sweet Rolls
1 (8 oz) can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
6 inches (from 16.5-oz roll) Pillsbury refrigerated chocolate chip cookies
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Glaze (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 9-inch round cake pan or glass pie plate with cooking spray.
2. Unroll dough and separate into 2 long rectangles. Overlap long sides 1/2 inch to form 1 large rectangle. Press seam and perforations to seal.
3. Spoon small amounts of cookie dough evenly over crescent dough. Press lightly to evenly cover. Sprinkle with pecans. (I sprinkled the pecans over the top to make it easier for my non-nut loving son to pick them off later). Starting at long side, roll up then pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 pieces. Arrange cut side up in prepared pan.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until crescent dough is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
5. Drizzle glaze over rolls. Serve warm.
2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
3 to 4 teaspoons milk
1. In a small bowl, mix glaze ingredients, adding enough milk for desired drizzling consistency.
Recipes from Pillsbury
Time for a short song. Haunting and supremely strange.
And a sadly sweet song.
“One day I’m gonna buy the castle that you wanted
It’ll be on four wheels and we’ll park it in the mountain
Oh baby I just think that you are the sun
I swear to God that I am the lucky one.”
Check out Fraktura on Bandcamp where you can buy their music.