I made this Nutella Crunch Ice Cream Cake for my son’s 16th birthday last week. It was fun and delicious while being one of the easiest cakes out there. Just three ingredients and less than 10 minutes hands on time, it is perfect for parties and entertaining since you can make it well in advance. A little bit of whipped cream and chocolate syrup dress up the cake, but it’s yummy on its own.
Nutella Crunch Ice Cream Cake
2 cups Nutella
6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 gallon vanilla ice cream
Whipped cream and chocolate syrup, to decorate, optional
1. In a large saucepan over low heat, combine the Nutella and Rice Krispies cereal. Mix well until the Rice Krispies are completely coated with the Nutella. Remove from heat.
2. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Pour the Nutella-Rice Krispies mixture onto the lined sheet pan and spread evenly. Place in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes.
3. While the coated cereal mixture is cooling, remove the ice cream from the freezer and place in the refrigerator to soften.
4. Cut the coated cereal into bite sized pieces and set aside 2 cups.
5. Once ice cream is softened (but not runny) quickly combine the ice cream and remaining coated cereal in the mixing bowl.
6. Spoon the mixture into a 9 or 10-inch springform pan, packing it firmly so that there are no air pockets. Top the cake with the reserved Nutella-cereal mixture.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and place the springform pan into the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight until completely frozen.
8. Remove the cake from the freezer about 30 minutes before serving and place in the refrigerator to soften a little.
9. When ready to serve, place the cake on a serving plate and remove the sides of the springform pan. Cut and serve immediately.
Serves 12 to 14
Recipe from A Family Feast
Time for a short song.
And a sweet song.
“No matter what
you have my love”
Check out Float Here Forever on the band’s Website where you can learn of an upcoming show in August and buy their music.