Rustic yet elegant at the same time, Asparagus Gruyère Tarts make a wonderful lunch dish or light supper. The nutty cheese pairs beautifully with the complexly flavored stalks.
Asparagus Gruyère Tart
Flour, for work surface
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
5 1/2 ounces Gruyère cheese, shredded
1 1/2 pounds medium or thick asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400℉.
2. On a floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 16 x 10-inch rectangle. Place pastry on a baking sheet.
3. With a sharp knife, lightly score pastry dough 1 inch in from the edges to mark a rectangle. Using a fork, pierce dough inside the markings at 1/2-inch intervals. Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
4. Remove pastry shell from oven, and sprinkle with Gruyère.
5. Trim the bottoms of the asparagus spears to fit crosswise inside the tart shell; arrange in a single layer over cheese, alternating ends and tips.
6. Brush asparagus with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Bake until spears are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe from Martha Stewart
“Out Of The Blue” is such a pretty tune. Lovely vocals, soothing guitar…NJ-based band Levy & The Oaks have a winner here.
Check out Levy & The Oaks on the band’s Website where you can link to buy their music.