Those flamingos are pretty mesmerizing.
So are these Beef, Baked Bean & Cheese Crispy Burritos.
First off, there is whiskey in the beef and bean filling. Now that is different! Add in cheese, mustard and pickles and you have this hybrid deli sandwich/Tex-Mex wrap. Really good. Just serve with a mixed green salad to complete the meal.
Beef, Baked Bean & Cheese Crispy Burritos
8 slices bacon
1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
1 pound ground beef, 80% lean
Kosher salt and pepper
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 oz whiskey
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup beef stock
1 can (22 oz) barbecue-flavor baked beans
4 green onions, chopped
4 large flour tortillas
Spicy brown mustard
3/4 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
6 gherkin pickles, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
2. Arrange the bacon in a single layer on a wire rack set inside a baking sheet. Bake until crispy, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool slightly then coarsely chop.
3. In a nonstick or cast-iron skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the beef. Season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Pour in the whiskey and Worcestershire. Add the stock and reduce heat to low.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, warm the beans over medium-high heat. Season with pepper and stir in the green onions and chopped bacon.
5. Spread each tortilla with mustard, then place a quarter of the beef, cheese, gherkins and baked beans on the lower third of each tortilla. Fold in the sides, then roll up tightly.
6. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium. Lightly spray the burritos with cooking spray. Place in the skillet, seam side down, and cook until crispy and browned, about 2 minutes per side. Cut in half to serve.
Recipe from Every Day With Rachael Ray Magazine
How about a soothing song?
“Hide And Seek” is new from NY-based artist Sam Levin. I’m all over that rhythmic back beat and those “Aah, aah, aahs”.
Check out Sam Levin on his Website (He’s cute as a button, btw, and only 15 years old) where you can buy the music.