Colored sprinkles are such cheerful things. The pop of color they add to anything always makes me smile.
These Vanilla Bean Confetti Cookies, packed with sprinkles, are pure happiness in cookie form. The vanilla-laced sugar cookie dough has sprinkles in it before being rolled into even more sprinkles. My daughter prefers nonpareils to sprinkles so I divided the dough and made half of each.
Vanilla Bean Confetti Cookies
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 vanilla bean
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup sprinkles
1. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Split the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the bowl. Add the egg and vanilla extract, and beat until thoroughly combined.
3. Reduce the mixer speed to low, and slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in 1/4 cup of the sprinkles.
4. Place the remaining 1/4 cup sprinkles in a bowl. Roll 2 tablespoons of dough into a ball. Dip the ball in the bowl of sprinkles to cover lightly. Put the balls on a plate. Repeat with the remaining sprinkles and dough. Chill the dough for at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Place racks in the center and upper third of the oven and preheat to 350℉. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Transfer the chilled dough balls to the prepared baking sheets. Leave about 2 inches of space in between each ball.
7. Bake until the cookies have spread and are just beginning to brown around the edges, but are mostly pale and soft, 10 minutes.
8. Let cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely. The cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Makes about 18 cookies
Recipe from Joy The Baker
LA-based artist Griffin Oskar has a new EP out titled ‘Hostage’. The title track is awesome with his silky vocals, whoa-whoas, and stadium beats all coming together for a catchy listen.
“If love is a drug
I don’t want it
Because I don’t have any self control”
Check out Griffin Oskar on Facebook. You can buy his music here.
Pingback: Vanilla Bean Confetti Cookies. New Music From Griffin Oskar. | homethoughtsfromabroad626