Q: What’s a dentist’s favorite kind of doughnut?
A: One with filling.
And filling is the key word in this absolutely fabulous and insanely easy Molten Chocolate Surprise.
Just pop a purchased chocolate chip cookie into a cupcake liner and top with a quick to make chocolate batter. (Note: some of the cookies don’t fit into the liners. Just search the package for ones that do) The batter sets into a cake on the outside with a smooth chocolate filling inside. It is amazing to see the chocolate ooze out when you crack into the cookie. So much fun and totally delicious.
Molten Chocolate Surprise
4 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 cup butter
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/3 cup flour
12 Chips Ahoy! chocolate chip cookies
1/2 cup thawed Cool Whip whipped topping
1. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Microwave chocolate and butter in a large bowl on high for 2 minutes or until butter is melted. Whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is well blended.
3. Whisk whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar and flour in separate bowl until blended. Gradually add to chocolate mixture, beating until well blended.
4. Place 1 cookie, upside-down, in each of 12 paper-lined muffin pan cups. Cover cookies with batter.
5. Bake 8 minutes or until cakes are firm around the edges but still soft in the center. Let stand 1 minute.
6. Carefully remove cakes from pan. Invert each onto a dessert dish then remove the paper liner. Serve with Cool Whip.
Recipe from Kraft
Here’s a short and sweet song. Bonus: The band’s name is Super Desserts!