Spring and crawfish go together in the south. Fortunately, frozen crawfish tails are becoming readily available everywhere so everyone can join in on the crayfish/crawdad/mudbug/yabbie fun.
Get your crawfish fix with this super creamy and cheesy pasta dish. Crawfish Fettuccine has a hint of spice and is packed with the meaty little crustaceans. I have a love-hate relationship with Velveeta, but it really works magic in this dish.
1 1/2 cups butter
3 medium onions, finely chopped
2 medium bell peppers, finely chopped
1/4 cup flour
4 Tbs dried parsley
3 lbs crawfish tails
1 pint half and half cream
1 lb Velveeta cheese, cut into small pieces
2 tsp jalapeño relish
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt, crushed red pepper, black pepper to taste
1 lb fettuccine, cooked
1. In a Dutch oven, sauté onion and bell pepper in butter. Add flour and cook about 15 minutes stirring frequently.
2. Add crawfish and parsley and cook, covered, 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add cream, Velveeta, garlic, and jalapeño relish. Season with salt. crushed red pepper and black pepper.
4. Cook, covered, over low heat for 30 minutes. Add cooked fettuccine and mix well.
5. Transfer mixture to a large baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan.
6. Bake 20 minutes at 350℉.
Serves 18 (Reduce quantities by 2/3 to serve 6)
Recipe from Cooks.com
Let’s leap into the week with some electro-pop. ‘Together’ is new from Swedish artist SQRD. Why I chose to pair it with crawfish is as much a mystery as what SQRD stands for.