Totally change up your weeknight dinner with this colorful Halloumi Mixed Grill. Juicy tomatoes, meaty grilled mushrooms, sourdough toast, crisp halloumi and avocado come together for a satisfying vegetarian meal.
Halloumi Mixed Grill
1 clove garlic, minced
Thyme, a few leaves, chopped
4 portobello mushrooms
3 vine tomatoes, halved
2 sourdough bread slices
250g block halloumi, sliced
1/2 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
Sriracha or other chili sauce, to serve
1. Mix 3 tablespoons olive oil with the garlic and thyme. Heat the grill to medium/high.
2. Brush the mushrooms and tomatoes with the garlic oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until the mushrooms are tender, and the tomatoes are soft but holding their shape.
3. Brush the sourdough bread with more of the oil and grill until golden.
4. Fry the halloumi slices in a dry non-stick frying pan until golden on both sides.
5. When close to serving, quickly wilt the spinach in the last of the garlic oil. Divide everything between warm plates and serve with the sliced avocado and chili sauce.
Serves 2 (doubles or triples easily)
Recipe from Olive Magazine
“Brook Revisited” is the lead single from Adam Melchor’s debut EP. It’s lovely in its sad, stark simplicity.
“Are you the very same brook
who told me you’re the one I needed?
I was in the kitchen
while my heart was bleeding
Oh, I never knew if it was okay to feel it
Oh, I suppose I should know
the past is void and all the future is too
Neither will make sense
as they never do”