Q: What’s the difference between a hippo and a Zippo?
A: One is really heavy, the other is a little lighter.
Peanut Butter And Bacon Blondies are certainly not going to make you lighter, but they will certainly make your day brighter. The sweet blondies are studded with bacon then thickly frosted with a creamy peanut butter icing. Dangerously good.
Peanut Butter And Bacon Blondies
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
Peanut Butter Icing (recipe follows)
6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 13 x 9-inch pan with parchment paper, letting ends extend up sides. Grease the parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat into sugar mixture. Fold in bacon. Spread into prepared pan.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a tester inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake).
5. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Use parchment paper to lift up then remove from pan.
6. Frost blondies and sprinkle with bacon. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Makes 2 dozen
Peanut Butter Icing
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 to 4 tablespoons milk
1. In a large bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough milk to reach desired consistency.
Recipes from Taste of Home
‘This Tragic Universe’….oh yes, it definitely feels that way sometimes. Peanut Butter Bacon Blondies along with some new and different music by The Screaming Love Collective can certainly join forces to lessen the tragedy.