Kids of all ages will love this fun Chili Cheese Hot Dog Casserole. Doctored up chili mixed with cheese is layered between corn bread from a mix. Easy and super tasty.
Chili Cheese Hot Dog Casserole
1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
1 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces
1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1. Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Spread half the batter into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
2. In a large skillet, sauté the green pepper, onion and celery in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in hot dogs and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
3. Stir in the chili, brown sugar, garlic powder and chili powder. Heat through then stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
4. Spoon hot dog mixture over corn bread batter then top with remaining corn bread batter. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes or until a tester inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe from Simple & Delicious Magazine
Lots of wise words sung by these children.
‘We Are The Future’ features the Oregon Children’s Choir with members of the Eugene-Springfield Youth Symphony. It’s beautiful.
“We are the future,
So teach us wisely
This will be ours one day
So make a promise
to teach us wisely
Show us how to care today”
Check out Tracy Bonham on Bandcamp where you can buy her music.