The cheating in this Cheat’s Lasagne is using ravioli to make easy work of the typically laborious lasagne process.
I’ve made ravioli lasagne before (this version is super fantastic) and love it every time.
Today’s Cheat’s Lasagne plays up the clean flavors of basil and fresh mozzarella. Mascarpone adds an intense richness and beef in the ravioli makes the dish winter worthy.
1 garlic clove, minced
1 (400g) can chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup basil, chopped
Beef ravioli, about 250g
4 Tbs mascarpone
3 Tbs Parmesan, grated plus extra for sprinkling on top
2 to 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced
1. Cook the garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for one minute then add the tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and pepper then stir in the basil.
2. Cook the ravioli in boiling water until almost tender but drain before done as they will continue to cook in the oven.
3. In a small bowl mix the mascarpone and Parmesan.
4. Heat oven to 200℃/400℉.
5. Grease a small baking dish. Spoon a little tomato sauce in the bottom, add a layer of ravioli then dollop with half of the mascarpone mixture. Add more tomato sauce, the rest of the ravioli, then top with the remaining tomato sauce and mascarpone mixture. Place mozzarella slices over the top and sprinkle with a bit more Parmesan.
6. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Serves 2 (doubles and triples easily)
Recipe from Olive Magazine
“The Greatest Roommate” cracks me up every time. It’s brilliant how it delivers the snark in such a lovely, folksy way.
“‘Cause you were living in this wasteland of your dreams
And terrorizing everything that I just cleaned
And showering maybe once a week
But I’ve come to congratulate you
Because you made it to the top
Of my shit list.”
Check out Galapaghost on his Website where you can buy the music.