Clowns got nothing on the scary freak show going on in the United States today. Unbelievable.
Take your mind off of election madness with this delicious recipe that gets my vote. Sloppy Joes get fused with the Cuban sandwich in these yummy Sloppy Cubanos. It’s a super easy way to get a fun dinner on the table.
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
⅓ pound chorizo, casings removed, finely chopped
1 pound ground pork
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon allspice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Zest and juice from 1 lime
1 cup chicken broth
8 ounces tomato sauce
4 sub rolls, split
4 slices deli-cut Swiss cheese
4 large dill pickles, chopped
Plantain or potato chips to serve, optional
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chorizo and cook until browned, about 2 mintues. Add the pork and cook, crumbling it with a spoon, until browned.
2. Stir in the onion, garlic, paprika, coriander, and allspice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add in the brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, lime zest and juice. Stir in the broth and tomato sauce and simmer for a few minutes, until thickened.
4. Lightly toast the buns under a broiler.
5. Divide the meat mixture between the rolls and top each with a slice of cheese.
6. Broil until the cheese melts, about 30 seconds. Top with pickles and the bun top and serve.
Recipe from Every Day with Rachael Ray
I knew I was going to share a song by these guys no matter what it sounded like because I love their name.
As luck would have it, “Tunnel Vision” from the debut album by -ness is pretty awesome, too.
Soulful and dark, I love its slinky synth-ness. :)
“We’re tunnel visioned because we think we can fix it,
holding onto this hope when it’s fiction.”
Check out -ness on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.