Nacho Mac And Cheese is a Tex-Mex fiend’s dream pasta casserole. Packed with beef, a creamy sauce with two kinds of cheese, spicy chiles and a crunchy topping of Doritos it’s so freakin’ delicious.
Nacho Mac And Cheese
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1 (1.25-ounce) package low sodium taco seasoning
¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
2½ cups whole milk
1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
2 cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese, divided
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 (16-ounce) box macaroni, cooked until al dente
1½ cups crumbled Nacho cheese flavored Doritos
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro.
1. In a Dutch oven cook ground beef, onion, and jalapeño, breaking beef apart with a wooden spoon, until beef is no longer pink.
2. Sprinkle taco seasoning over ground beef mixture. Stir to combine.
3. Transfer ground beef mixture to a bowl and set aside.
4. Add butter to same Dutch oven and place over medium heat. Once butter is melted, sprinkle with flour and whisk together for 1 minute.
5. Gradually whisk in milk. Add can of Rotel and simmer until mixture thickens slightly, about 3 to 5 minutes.
6. Set aside ½ cup of Pepper Jack cheese and ½ cup cheddar cheese. Add remaining cheese to Dutch oven and remove pan from heat. Stir until cheese is melted.
7. Add meat mixture and cooked macaroni to cheese sauce and stir to combine.
8. Transfer mixture to a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle the reserved cheese and the Doritos on top.
9. Bake at 350℉ for 20 to 25 minutes until bubbling and hot.
10. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Serves 8 to 10
Recipe from Spicy Southern Kitchen
“Burning Pier” is new from London-based singer Natalie Bouloudis. I love her warm, textured vocals.