Q: Who’s bigger, Mr. Bigger or Mr. Bigger’s son?
A: Mr. Bigger’s son; he’s a little Bigger.
Veggie Cheese Squares are the perfect light supper at the end of a busy day. Tender-crisp broccoli and bell pepper suspended in a creamy custard is so good. Substitute other vegetables if you are facing a late summer harvest.
Veggie Cheese Squares
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Heat oil in a skillet. Sauté the broccoli, red pepper and garlic until softened.
2. Spoon vegetables into a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
3. In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, 3/4 cup cheese, thyme and salt. Mix well then pour over the broccoli mixture.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 350℉ for 25-30 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Serves 4 (Note: I doubled the recipe and baked in a 13 x 9-inch pan)
Recipe from Allrecipes
Sweden’s The Radio Dept. have a new album, ‘Running Out of Love’, due out next month. “Occupied”, a track from the album released as a single last year, assures that the band’s cool brand of synth-pop lives on.
Check out The Radio Dept. on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.