Mmmmm….wine and cheese.
Wine and grilled cheese.
Wine in grilled cheese on matzo/matza/matzah/matzoh
So interesting and surprisingly delicious.
If you are celebrating Passover (or not!) and want a new way to eat matzo and use up that sweet wine, give Drunken Passover Grilled Cheese a try.
Drunken Passover Grilled Cheese
Egg matzo (two pieces per sandwich)
Kosher for Passover cheddar cheese (or regular cheddar if you’re me)
1. Heat some butter in a frying pan large enough to hold a whole slice of matzo.
2. Slice the cheese into thin slices (how much depends on your cheesiness preference).
3. Pour some wine into a shallow pan that’s large enough to lay a piece of matzo in.
4. Dip two pieces of matzo in the wine until wet through, but not softened too much.
5. Immediately put slices of cheese between the wine-dunked matzos and place in the frying pan.
6. Cook in the butter until the cheese is melted and the matzo is slightly browned.
Recipe from Doves And Figs
And for a really gooey sandwich, cook until cheese spills out the sides. Yum.
Mister G likes lotsa matzah.
Check out Mister G on his Website where you can learn of upcoming tour dates in the US and buy his music.