Q: What did the father lion say to his family before they went out hunting for food?
A: “Let us prey.”
Cheesesteak sandwiches get a redo with these creamy and cheesy Spicy Jalapeño Philly Cheese Steak Sliders. The pretzel rolls add a nice flavor touch, but any slider roll will do.
Spicy Jalapeño Philly Cheese Steak Sliders
1 1/2 lb beef chuck roast, shaved into thin slices (I used thinly sliced sirloin)
2 green bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
1 large onion, sliced into thin rings
2 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz cream cheese
2 Tbs diced, pickled jalapeños
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
8 slices provolone cheese
8 pretzel rolls
Salt and pepper
2 Tbs butter, plus extra to butter the rolls
1. Heat oven broiler.
2. Slice pretzels rolls in half and lightly butter each side. Arrange on a baking sheet and set aside.
3. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, and garlic and sauté until softened. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Melt another tablespoon of butter in the pan and add sliced beef. Add Worcestershire and season with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in cream cheese and jalapeños. Remove from heat.
6. Place some of the meat mixture on the bottom half of each roll. Top with a spoonful of the pepper and onion mix. Top with a slice of provolone cheese.
7. Broil in the oven until the provolone is melted and buns are toasted.
Makes 8 sliders
Recipe from Boys Ahoy
‘Love Let Me Go’ is one of those songs that exudes so much emotion that you almost ache inside. It’s beautifully written and sung.
Check out Big Sixes on Facebook and the band’s Website where you can buy their music.