I once made a mock toffee with matzo which was really delicious and rocked the salty/sweet thing. Today’s recipe is all sweet with graham crackers as the base. That gets layered with a buttery caramel, nuts and chocolate chips. Easy peasy and super addictive.
10 graham cracker squares
1/3 cup chopped almonds (I used slivered almonds)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1. Line a microwave-safe 2-quart rectangular baking dish with parchment paper, extending paper over edges of dish. Cover bottom of prepared dish with a single layer of graham crackers, breaking crackers as necessary to fit. Sprinkle crackers with almonds.
2. In a microwave-safe 4-cup glass measure or medium bowl, combine brown sugar and butter. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes or just until melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Quickly pour over crackers and nuts in dish. Work quickly because mixture separates. (Note: I worked really quickly and my mixture still separated. It set up just fine, though.)
3. Microwave mixture in baking dish, uncovered, for 1-1/2 minutes. Sprinkle with chocolate pieces.
4. Chill for 1 to 2 hours or until chocolate is set.
5. Use the parchment paper to lift candy from dish. Break into irregular-size pieces.
Makes 12 to 16 pieces
Recipe from BHG.com
Time for a short song.
And a sweet song with that retro sexy backbeat.
Check out Alphanaut aka Mark Alan on his Website where you can buy the music.
I love this stuff and make it with saltines. ADDICTIVE.
Yum. I will have to try a Saltine version. That slight bit of salt is always so good with the sweet.