Q: How do you catch a unique bird?
A: Unique up on it.
Q: How do you catch a tame bird?
A: The tame way.
French fries in a stir-fry? Yes, please.
You won’t miss the rice in this slightly spicy, flavor packed Beef Stir-Fry With French Fries. Fun and yum.
Beef Stir-Fry With French Fries
1 pound frozen french fries
1 (1 -pound) boneless rib-eye steak, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 cloves garlic (1 minced, 2 sliced)
Freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 jalapeño pepper, chopped
8 Campari or other small vine-ripened tomatoes, quartered
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1. Bake fries according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, toss the steak with 1 tablespoon soy sauce, the minced garlic and a grind of pepper in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak in a single layer and cook, stirring once or twice, until browned but not cooked through, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate using a slotted spoon.
4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet. Add the red onion and jalapeño and cook, stirring, until slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the sliced garlic. Cook until the tomatoes start breaking down, about 3 minutes.
5. Return the steak and any collected juices to the skillet along with the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and the vinegar. Remove from the heat and add the fries, parsley and cilantro and toss.
Recipe from Food Network Magazine
Well, hello Liberty Ship! Thanks so much for dropping into my inbox.
There is absolutely no way not to keep still with ‘Learning To Fly’ buzzing in my ears. It’s cheerful, indie-pop awesomeness. Unique or not, I love it.
Check out Liberty Ship on the band’s Website where you can learn of upcoming UK gigs. You can buy their music on Bandcamp.