I was in no rush to see the new Star Wars until I heard there were spoilers. I am on waaaaay too much social media to try and duck something that is right now larger than life.
So, yesterday it was off to the cinema.
And it was good.
The only problem was the disbelief I had that the original cast was getting so old. I’m getting old. I was 12 years old when the original Star Wars movie came out (still ‘the first one’ to me). I remember seeing it like it was yesterday. It is so mind numbing that the years are moving so fast.
My advice…go see the The Force Awakens before you get too old (or hear spoilers).
And make this Pistachio And Chocolate Roulade.
With its festive green pistachios, the super rich, chocolate coated roulade makes a great yule log for a Christmastime dessert.
Here are a few other yule log ideas, too: Chocolate And Salted Caramel, Easy Chocolate Brownie and Bûche de Noël With Chestnut Cream
Pistachio And Chocolate Roulade
135g (1 1/8 cup) self-rising flour
40g (1/2 cup) unsweetened cocoa powder
175g (about 3/4 cup) golden caster sugar, plus more for dusting
50g butter, melted
300ml heavy cream, whipped
100g 72% dark chocolate, chopped
Slivered pistachios, to decorate
Pistachio Filling (recipe follows)
1. Preheat the oven to 200℃/400℉.
2. Line a 29 x 40cm Swiss roll tin or similar pan with parchment paper.
3. Sift the flour and cocoa together.
4. Whisk the eggs and sugar until they are light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Fold in the flour and cocoa then carefully fold in the butter.
5. Spoon the batter into the tin and level the surface.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes until springy in the middle.
7. Cool for 5 minutes then turn cake out onto another sheet of parchment paper dusted with sugar. Roll up like a Swiss roll, keeping the paper sandwiched between the cake layers. Leave to cool completely.
8. Carefully unroll the sponge and spread with the pistachio filling followed by the whipped cream, then roll up like a Swiss roll again, this time without the paper in between.
9. Place roulade on a platter or board, seam-side down.
10. Melt the chocolate and drizzle it over the roll. Sprinkle with the slivered pistachios.
150g white chocolate, finely chopped
100g ((or same weight of finely ground peeled pistachios~3/4 cup)) pistachio paste
100ml heavy cream
1. Place chocolate and pistachio in a bowl. Heat the cream to boiling then pour over the chocolate and pistachio. Stir until smooth.
2. Allow pistachio filling to cool completely and thicken in the fridge.
Recipes from Olive Magazine
We’re going to Paradise today. These pleasant strains of reggae are courtesy of Keez aka Brad Jones.
“Everybody on the dance floor”
Check out Keez on Bandcamp where you can buy his music.