The internet works in mysterious ways. A search for funny mushrooms brought me funny mushroom bowls which linked to funny bowl cuts. Then this video popped up and 2.29 minutes of my life evaporated as I watched this freakish tutorial which left a young boy with a Moe worthy hair do.
I’d better follow up with a great recipe, right?
Meaty baby bella mushrooms lend earthy flavor to this rich vegetarian dish. With lots of kale and plenty of cheese, you’ve got a warming bowl of goodness to dig into.
Cheesy Mushroom Kale Risotto
5 – 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
1 large onion, finely chopped
5 tablespoons butter
2 cups arborio rice
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 large bunch curly-leaf kale, stemmed and chopped
1 cup shredded Parmesan
1 1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
1 pound sliced baby bella mushrooms
1. In a saucepan, simmer stock.
2. In another saucepan, stir onion and 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat, until onion softens, about 3 minutes. Add the rice and garlic and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Reduce heat to low, stir 1 cup stock into the rice and cook, stirring, until nearly absorbed, about 4 minutes. Repeat with 3 more cups stock, adding 1 cup at a time.
4. Stir in kale and 1 cup stock. Cook, stirring, until rice is tender and liquid is nearly absorbed, about 4 minutes. Thin with extra stock as needed.
5. Off heat, stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan, the vinegar and the remaining butter. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Meanwhile, in a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add half the mushrooms, season and cook until browned, 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining mushrooms.
7. Divide risotto among plates. Drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil. Top with mushrooms and remaining cheese.
Recipe from Every Day With Rachel Ray Magazine
All things Christopher Walken make the world a better place. Clearly that means that this song by Glasgow-based band Mickey 9s is improving ears everywhere.