Chicken wings. Yum.
Sriracha. Double yum.
IPA beer. Triple yum.
Crispy Baked IPA Sriracha Chicken Wings. Home run yum.
A combination of coating the chicken with baking powder and using first low oven temp then very high temp results in crisp wings with tender, moist meat. It’s a really great cooking technique that won’t make you miss deep fried wings. The buttery sauce has a nice kick from the sriracha and beer.
Crispy Baked IPA Sriracha Chicken Wings
2 lbs chicken wings
1 Tbs baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ cup IPA beer
4 Tbs melted butter
¼ cup sriracha, plus more to drizzle
1 Tbs honey
1 Tbs cornstarch
1. Preheat oven to 250℉.
2. Put wings into a large bowl. Sprinkle with baking powder and salt, toss to coat.
3. Place a wire rack over a baking sheet and grease with oil.
4. Place the wings on the wire rack.
5. Bake in the lower section of oven for 30 minutes. Move to the upper 1/3 of the oven, increase oven temperature to 425℉. Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
6. In a large bowl stir together the beer, melted butter, sriracha, honey and cornstarch.
7. Toss the wings in the sauce, drizzle with a little sriracha and serve warm.
Recipe from The Beeroness
Here’s a little melancholy tune from the upcoming EP ‘Lend Me Your Skin’, by London-based Gillbanks. Calming and satisfying.
Check out Gillbanks on their Website where you can learn of upcoming tour dates in London. You can get the music on Bandcamp.
Pingback: Copycat Wing Recipes. Hooters Buffalo And KFC Honey BBQ. | I Sing In The Kitchen