Feel like some chocolate cake? Do you have 5 minutes?
If you answered yes/yes, then I’ve got you covered here.
I’ve read about these mug cakes time after time and finally decided to give it a go.
A cupful of moist, chocolatey cake studded with chocolate chips and nuts. Delicious warm or cold.
Chocolate Mug Cake
1 (14 oz) coffee mug
4 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tablespoons chocolate chips
1/2 tablespoon nuts
1. Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
2. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
3. Add chocolate chips, nuts and vanilla then stir to mix.
4. Put mug in the microwave (with a paper towel under it) and cook for 3 minutes on high. The cake will rise over the top of the mug but sink back down. Paper towel is there just in case!
5. Allow to cool a little then dig in.
Recipe adapted from Table For Two
A scoop of ice cream melting into the warm cake is definitely cool.
Short and sweet all in one tune.
‘Trash’ is new from Denver-based band Kissing Party. It’s a pure slice of indie pop heaven.
Check out Kissing Party on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.