I’m on board for bacon-wrapped anything so it’s no surprise I adored this dinner.
Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin With Broiled Polenta is rustic and elegant at the same time. The bacon gets nice and crisp while the tenderloin cooks up moist. The roasted polenta, red onion and asparagus drizzled with balsamic couldn’t be easier nor tastier.
1 pork tenderloin (about 1 1/4 pounds)
Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
6 slices center-cut bacon (about 6 ounces), halved crosswise
Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
1 log (1 pound) precooked polenta, cut into 1-inch-thick rounds
1 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds
1 bunch asparagus (1 pound), trimmed
Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
1. Heat broiler with a rack 6 inches from heating element and another rack below.
2. Season pork with salt and pepper. Wrap bacon around pork in a single layer, stretching slices so ends overlap on bottom. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet, seam-side down.
3. Lightly drizzle oil all over sheet around pork. Add polenta and onion to sheet in a single layer and turn to coat with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Broil 5 minutes. Turn pork and broil 5 minutes more.
4. Meanwhile, place asparagus on another rimmed baking sheet, drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper.
5. Reduce oven to 375℉.
6. Turn pork over so it is seam-side down again.
7. Place sheet with asparagus on lower rack. Roast until asparagus is crisp-tender and a thermometer inserted in middle of pork registers 140℉, about 12 minutes.
8. Drizzle asparagus and onion with vinegar.
9. Let pork rest 10 minutes before carving. Serve with polenta and vegetables.
Recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine
Lately, my musical taste has been all over the place. I love the new dance/pop songs my kids like to listen to, the new stuff that plays on Vermont’s independent radio stations as well as the abundance of fun things I find in my overstuffed inbox.
‘Found That Soul’, a new single from Starr Blaze, is a pretty infectious dance tune. Love that beat and the retro dance vibe.
Check out Starr Blazerz on Facebook where you can keep tuned for information on how to buy their music.