I’ve made lots of crispy rice treats in my day, but this is the first recipe I ever tried that didn’t have marshmallows as one of the key ingredients. These Peanut Butter Crispy Rice Treats are a lightened up version with honey replacing corn syrup, brown crispy rice, natural peanut butter and dried cherries.
The treats are really yummy with a strong peanut butter flavor. Some of my squares crumbled a bit when I was removing them from the pan, but I found those pieces were absolutely delicious served over a bowl of ice cream.
3/4 cup chunky, natural-style peanut butter
3/4 cup honey
6 cups crispy brown rice cereal (I couldn’t find this, so used regular Rice Krispies)
2/3 cup chopped dried cherries
1. Combine peanut butter and honey in a large pot. Cook over medium-low heat until peanut butter and honey are melted, about 2-3 minutes.
2. Add crispy brown rice cereal and chopped dried cherries to the peanut butter mixture. Stir until sticky.
3. Press into a 9 x 13-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Chill in refrigerator 40 minutes.
5. Cut into 15 (2 1/2 – x 3-inch) squares.
Makes 15 squares
Recipe from FoodNetwork.com
Here’s a short song.
And a sweet, sad song. I love that tempo change about 1 minute in.
Check out Altadore on Bandcamp where you can buy the music.