Three years in and my adoration of avocado toast persists. It’s my breakfast of choice when there are no leftovers from dinner (my family finds my dinner for breakfast habit bizarre).
Well, interestingly, I have started to really enjoy breakfast for dinner. Eggs and toast are so easy on a busy night. Just adding an egg to a dish, such as a Kale And Quinoa Bowl, elevates it to hipster bistro status.
One-Pan Chili Eggs With Guacamole is a yummy breakfast and dinner option. It’s easy and light with a subtle heat. And there is avocado toast. Yes!
1 tbs vegetable oil
6 large eggs
2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
Pinch chili flakes
6 slices bread, toasted and buttered, to serve
Guacamole (recipe follows)
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over high heat. Crack in the eggs, then cook so the bottoms of the whites get crisp but the yolks stay runny.
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil with the chili and some salt and pepper.
3. Once the eggs are cooked to your liking, drizzle them with the chili oil and bring the pan to the table. Serve with the guacamole and toast.
Serves 4 to 6
3 ripe avocados
1 long red chili, seeded and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
Large bunch fresh cilantro, leaves roughly chopped
Juice 1-2 limes
½ red onion, finely chopped
1. Halve the avocados, remove the stones and scoop out the flesh with a spoon. Put in a bowl and mash roughly with a fork, adding a pinch of sea salt.
2. Mix in the remaining ingredients and adjust seasoning. Cover and chill until needed.
Recipes from Delicious Magazine
This is new and extremely good from LA-based band Ghost Lit Kingdom.
“Said love to desire in you: “You don’t Know me.”
And good to the world we drew: “You won’t hold me.”
Better is the mind when the darkened eyes say,
“You don’t know me anymore.” ”
Check out Ghost Lit Kingdom on the band’s Website, where you can learn of an upcoming show in CA and buy their music.