You know what is depressing? After a lifetime of perfect vision, my eyes have finally given in to age. Suddenly, things like reading a recipe have gotten trickier. Sometimes 1/4 cup looks like 1/2 cup, for example. Sigh. Guess I’ll need some readers soon to avoid messing up my food!
I wouldn’t want to mess up these tasty little cookies. Toffee Almond Sandies have a buttery, shortbread-like flavor and are packed with crunchy almonds and chewy toffee bits.
Toffee Almond Sandies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
4 1⁄2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups sliced almonds
10 ounces toffee pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter, oil and sugars.
3. Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Beat in extract.
5. Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt then gradually add to creamed mixture.
6. Stir in almonds and toffee bits.
7. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
8. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks and cool.
Makes about 9 dozen cookies
Recipe from Food.com
Oh! I love this slinky, blues-rock song. Singing it to my eyes.
Check out The Blackwater Fever on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.