I don’t know why I find that photo so funny.
How about some salad fun?
Today’s recipe is a fabulous combination of flavor and texture. The crunch of pine nuts and sweetness from golden raisins perfectly complement the crisp tender broccoli and cheese.
4 Tbs golden sultanas
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs sherry vinegar
1 small shallot, finely chopped
300g long stem broccoli
½ pound halloumi cheese, sliced
2 roasted red peppers from a jar, chopped (I also added a few peppadews to add more spice)
2 Tbs pine nuts, toasted
1. Put the sultanas in a small bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover them. Leave for 10 minutes then drain.
2. Whisk the oil and vinegar with some salt and pepper. Stir in the shallot and drained sultanas.
3. Blanch the broccoli briefly in boiling water. Rinse in cold water and drain.
4. Pan-fry the halloumi on both sides until golden.
5. Toss the broccoli and sultanas with the dressing. Add the red pepper. Serve scattered with the pine nuts and topped with halloumi.
Recipe from Olive Magazine
‘Outro (Entry Code, Dial Tone)’ is the debut single from Swedish duo Heart/Dancer. Pleasant pop that is perfect for a warm spring day.