Shortbread gets all spiced up in this recipe for Peppercorn Shortbread. Three types of peppercorns are ground up to add a delectable twist to the melt in your mouth, buttery cookie.
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon white peppercorns, coarsely ground
3/4 teaspoon black peppercorns, coarsely ground
3/4 teaspoon pink peppercorns, coarsely ground
3/4 teaspoon green peppercorns, coarsely ground
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300℉. Lightly butter a 10-inch springform pan and set aside.
2. Stir together flour, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of each ground peppercorn; set aside.
3. Put butter and confectioners’ sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
4. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until combined.
5. Using a small offset spatula, spread dough evenly into prepared pan, smoothing top.
6. Bake until shortbread is golden brown, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
7. Transfer pan to a wire rack. Immediately sprinkle with granulated sugar and reserved 1/4 teaspoon of each ground peppercorn.
8. Remove springform and let shortbread cool completely. Cut into wedges.
Recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine
Now this song is nothing to sneeze at. It’s a smile waiting to happen.
“And I wouldn’t change one thing about you.”
Check out Slightly Stoopid on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and buy their music.