Shortbread gets all spiced up in this recipe for Peppercorn Shortbread. Three types of peppercorns are ground up to add a delectable twist to the melt in your mouth, buttery cookie.
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon white peppercorns, coarsely ground
3/4 teaspoon black peppercorns, coarsely ground
3/4 teaspoon pink peppercorns, coarsely ground
3/4 teaspoon green peppercorns, coarsely ground
3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300℉. Lightly butter a 10-inch springform pan and set aside.
2. Stir together flour, salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of each ground peppercorn; set aside.
3. Put butter and confectioners’ sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, and mix on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
4. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, and mix until combined.
5. Using a small offset spatula, spread dough evenly into prepared pan, smoothing top.
6. Bake until shortbread is golden brown, about 1 hour 20 minutes.
8. Remove springform and let shortbread cool completely. Cut into wedges.
Recipe from Martha Stewart Living Magazine
Now this song is nothing to sneeze at. It’s a smile waiting to happen.
“And I wouldn’t change one thing about you.”
Check out Slightly Stoopid on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and buy their music.