If you need a last minute fish for Friday recipe, this Lemon Parsley Fish is an easy and delicious option. Lots of fresh flavor from the herbs and brightness from the lemon feel like a burst of spring. The green rice casserole is a hearty side to counter the lightness of the fish.
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbs (30 ml) extra-virgin olive oil
1 tsp grated lemon peel
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes or 1 red chile pepper, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 fish fillets
Lemon wedges, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 450°F/230°C. Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In large bowl, combine parsley, oil, lemon peel and juice, salt, hot pepper flakes and garlic.
3. Pat fish dry and place on prepared baking sheet. Top with parsley mixture.
4. Roast for about 10 minutes or until fish is cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.
1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
2 Tbs butter
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 can (10-3/4 oz) condensed cream of celery soup
1 cup cooked rice
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
1 cup Cheez Whiz (I used shredded cheddar)
Parmesan, a sprinkling to serve
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large skillet on medium heat, cook onion and celery in the butter until tender.
3. Stir in rice, soups, broccoli and cheese. Spoon into 1-1/2 quart greased casserole.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until heated through. Top with a little Parmesan.
Recipe from Favorite Family Recipes
I love this quote from Freedom Fry:
“This song is about those slap happy moments with someone else where you both just abruptly break into song. We’ve all done that, right?”
And I love this song by them which celebrates that sentiment. C’mon, it’s a (good) Friday to sing. (No disrespect intended to the solemnity of the day for many.)