It’s Pi Day so how about some pie?
Loaded Chocolate Pecan Pie is possibly one of the best pies I have ever made (and the easiest). Packed with chocolate, pecans and coconut, every bite is a sweet revelation. The pie is wonderful at room temperature, but I really love eating a chilled slice.
Loaded Chocolate Pecan Pie
Pastry for single-crust 9 inch pie (recipe follows)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup dark corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon bourbon
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup plus 3 tablespoons flaked coconut, divided
1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-inch thick circle then transfer to a 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond rim of plate and flute the edge.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter and bourbon until blended. Stir in chocolate chips, 1 cup coconut and pecans. Pour into pastry shell and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
4. Bake 45-50 minutes or until filling is set and coconut is golden brown.
5. Cool pie on a wire rack. Serve or refrigerate within 2 hours.
Pastry for single-crust 9 inch pie
1-1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup cold butter
3-5 Tbs ice water
1. Combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
2. Gradually add the water, tossing with a fork. Add just enough water so the dough holds together when pressed.
3. Form dough into a disk and wrap in cling film. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Recipes from Taste Of Home Magazine
‘Be Like The Water’ sounds like a whole lot of other stuff out there, but that doesn’t make it any less enjoyable. Catchy and energetic, it’s rocking my Saturday.
“Don’t forget to write
From the place you spent the night
Be like the water my dear”
Check out Jack Carty on his Website, where you can learn of upcoming gigs in Australia and link to buy the music.