Take the chill off of the last days of winter with this warming, hearty bacon cheeseburger soup. It’s over the top good and tastes just like the ever popular burger. The base is smooth, creamy and very flavorful from slow cooking with all of the vegetables. Then there is bacon, beef and cheese…what’s not to love?
1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
15 oz petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 cup onion, chopped
1/4 cup celery, chopped
1/2 cup carrot, chopped
1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 cups potatoes, cubed
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 cups chicken broth
8 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup heavy cream
3 Tbs flour
Toppings: chopped cooked bacon, pickle slices, shredded cheddar
1. In a 5-6 quart slow cooker combine beef, vegetables, salt, pepper, chili powder and chicken broth.
2. Cook on high for 4 hours.
3. Stir in shredded cheese.
4. Combine cream and flour until smooth. Pour into soup and stir to combine.
5. Continue to cook, covered, for an additional 30 minutes.
6. Serve soup with bacon, pickle slices and additional cheese, if desired.
Recipe from Baked By Rachel
How about some comforting music to go with our comfort food?
What could be more of a comfort than Home?
This ‘Home’ is new from The Paper Shades, a duo out of the UK. With soothing vocals, calming guitar and a satisfying hook, it’s a real winner.
Check out The Paper Shades on the band’s Website where you can buy their music.