The often dismissed iceberg lettuce gets all dressed up in this elegant salad. Crisp wedges are drizzled with a tangy buttermilk-based dressing and topped with crunchy-sweet roasted prosciutto and nutty Parmesan. The maple-glazed prosciutto really knocked me over…it is so unbelievably good.
Iceberg Salad With Crispy Maple-Glazed Prosciutto
8 slices prosciutto
⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into wedges
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F.
2. Place prosciutto on two baking trays lined with parchment paper. Brush the prosciutto with maple syrup.
3. Bake prosciutto for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. Combine the buttermilk, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
5. Arrange the lettuce wedges on a serving dish and top with the prosciutto. Drizzle with some dressing, sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve.
Recipe from Donna Hay Magazine
Here’s a catchy new tune from Astoria-based band The Bone Chimes. Love those horns and that hook you just have to sing along with.
Check out The Bone Chimes on the band’s Website, where you can learn of an upcoming gig in NYC. You can buy their music here. A new EP is due out this spring.