The often dismissed iceberg lettuce gets all dressed up in this elegant salad. Crisp wedges are drizzled with a tangy buttermilk-based dressing and topped with crunchy-sweet roasted prosciutto and nutty Parmesan. The maple-glazed prosciutto really knocked me over…it is so unbelievably good.
8 slices prosciutto
⅓ cup (80ml) maple syrup
½ cup (125ml) buttermilk
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
Sea salt and cracked black pepper
1 head iceberg lettuce, cut into wedges
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 160°C/325°F.
2. Place prosciutto on two baking trays lined with parchment paper. Brush the prosciutto with maple syrup.
3. Bake prosciutto for 15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
4. Combine the buttermilk, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a bowl.
5. Arrange the lettuce wedges on a serving dish and top with the prosciutto. Drizzle with some dressing, sprinkle with the Parmesan and serve.
Recipe from Donna Hay Magazine
Here’s a catchy new tune from Astoria-based band The Bone Chimes. Love those horns and that hook you just have to sing along with.