Right now the most viewed post here at ISITK is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Overload Cake that I made last summer. In just 5 months it has climbed to the 2nd most popular recipe in the 4 years I’ve been writing this little blog.
That tells me that lots of peeps like peanut butter and chocolate, just like I do. And if you are one of those PB & C people, too, then you’re going to love these Peanut Butter Cheesecake Layer Brownies. They are not too sweet and packed with a bittersweet chocolate punch. The smooth creamy cheesecake layer is the perfect sandwich filling between the brownie and thick chocolate ganache.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Layer Brownies
Brownie (recipe follows)
Peanut Butter Cheesecake (recipe follows)
Ganache (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on two sides to make it easy to remove the brownies from the pan in one piece.
3. Pour brownie batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes until the center looks only slightly moist.
4. Transfer pan to a cooling rack. Allow brownie to come to room temperature before adding the peanut butter layer.
5. Spread the peanut butter cheesecake mixture in a thick layer over the cooled brownies.
6. Pour ganache over the peanut butter layer and place in the refrigerator to set for at least 1 hour.
7. To serve, use sides of parchment paper to lift brownies out of the pan and transfer to a cutting board to slice.
8. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Makes 16 brownies
3/4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Melt butter and chocolate in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until smooth and glossy.
2. In a stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachement, whip eggs, sugar, vanilla, and salt on high speed for 4 minutes.
3. Pour 1/4 of the egg mixture into the melted chocolate and stir. Add the chocolate to the stand mixer bowl and stir until fully incorporated. Add the flour and gently stir until just combined.
Peanut Butter Cheesecake
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment to whip the heavy cream to soft peaks. Slowly whisk in the sugar, then continue to beat for another 30 seconds. Transfer to another bowl.
2. In the same stand mixer bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut butter with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
3. Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until no streaks remain.
3 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
3/4 cup heavy cream
1. Place the chocolate in a bowl.
2. In a saucepan, heat the heavy cream over medium-low heat until it is very hot but not boiling.
3. Pour hot cream over the chopped chocolate and leave for 3 minutes. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
Recipes from A Finn In The Kitchen
“How much peanut butter
can I slip in my mouth?”
This is one very strange tune, but that little back beat is pretty hot. Perfect to sashay across the kitchen, grab a spoon and peanut butter then give Electric Blanket an accurate answer.
Check out Electric Blanket on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.