Mmmmm. This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chowder is insanely good. Thick, warming and full of all the flavors that make Buffalo-anything so fantastic.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chowder
4 1/2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 cups chicken, cubed
1 Tbs butter
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 tsp celery seed, divided
1 1/4 tsp salt, divided
2 tsp pepper, divided
1/8 tsp ground thyme
3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 cup flour
2 cups half and half
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup Buffalo sauce
2 Tbs corn starch
Blue cheese crumbles and celery slices for topping
1. Add potatoes to the slow cooker.
2. Warm a skillet over medium heat and add butter. Season chicken with 1/2 tsp celery seed, 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Cook chicken until no longer pink and heated through. Just before chicken is completely cooked add onion and celery. Cook until onions are translucent and tender.
3. Transfer chicken and vetegables to the slow cooker. Pour in half and half, chicken broth and buffalo sauce. Stir. Sprinkle with flour and stir again. Add remaining 1/2 tsp celery seed, 3/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, ground thyme and red pepper flakes. Stir well.
4. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6, until potatoes are tender.
5. If chowder is not thick enough, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Add 1 1/2 cups of the cooking liquid to the cornstarch mixture and stir to combine. Stir into the chowder.
6. Divide chowder among bowls. Top with blue cheese crumbles and a drizzle of Buffalo sauce if desired. Serve with celery slices.
Recipe from Baked by Rachel
The first thing that grabbed me about this band was their name.
Criminal Hygiene’s new song ‘Turpentine’ is solid classic rock.
Smells Sounds pretty good.
Check out Criminal Hygiene on the band’s Website, where you can learn of upcoming gigs in Chicago and link to buy their music.