The ever popular shrimp cocktail is reinvented in these tasty prawn and avocado topped crostini. Brandy in the cocktail sauce adds a little kick.
2 ripe avocados
1 Tbs lemon juice
300g cooked and peeled prawns, chopped
2 Tbs olive oil
1 large loaf of ciabatta, diagonally cut into 8 slices
8 Baby Gem lettuce leaves
Cayenne pepper and lemon wedges, to serve
Cocktail Sauce (recipe follows)
1. Peel avocados then cut into small chunks. Toss with the lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
2. Mix the prawns with half of the cocktail sauce. Add the avocados and stir gently to coat everything.
3. Heat a griddle pan. To make the crostini, rub a little olive oil onto each slice of ciabatta and grill for 2 minutes on each side until toasted.
4. To serve, spoon some cocktail sauce on each crostini, top with a lettuce leaf and add a spoonful of the prawn cocktail mix. Sprinkle with a little cayenne pepper and serve with lemon wedges.
6 Tbs mayonnaise
2 Tbs tomato ketchup
2 tsp brandy
few drops Tabasco sauce
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Recipes from BBC Good Food Magazine
You might hit the play button below and think you are hearing a song called “Hidden”.
I can assure you that the possibility of that happening is impossible as there is no such tune. In fact, Axel Zaren may lack thought, so in the philosophy of Descartes, he is not.