I miss Cuban sandwiches.
I lived in Tampa for 8 years and those sandwiches were one of the highlights. Ham, roast pork, pickles, mustard and Swiss cheese on incomparable semi-crusty/semi-chewy Cuban bread that’s pressed in a plancha until hot, crisp and oozing cheese.
These Cuban Sliders are also really fantastic. The bread is not the same, of course and there’s no roast pork, but the little sandwiches are packed with those Cubano flavors. They’re delicious hot and also a treat cold, if you have any left!
24 slider or Hawaiian rolls
Thin sliced ham, about 1/2 pound
Sliced Swiss cheese, about 1/2 pound
2 Tbs Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons minced onion
4 oz butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 325℉.
2. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. (You may need an extra pan depending on the size of your slider rolls. I did.)
3. Cut the rolls in half. Remove top and place the bottom of the rolls in the baking pan. Layer on the meat, cheese, and pickles. Cover with the tops of the rolls.
4. Make a Dijon spread by whisking together the butter and mustard then stirring in the onion.
5. Spoon the Dijon spread on top of the rolls.
6. Cover the sliders with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
7. Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.
8. Remove sliders from the baking pan and serve.
Makes 24 sliders
Recipe from House Of Yumm
Loved this song from the first listen. I love the title, too.
Check out Jordan Klassen on his Website, where you can learn of upcoming European tour dates and buy the music.
if you’re going to make cuban sliders, you need to listen to the pretenders “cuban slide” :
or this version live:
(that proves what a good road soundperson can do for you, like balancing background singers)
Definitely! Thanks for those links…I especially love the live video.