I saw these cookies while
wasting hours checking out recipes on Pinterest. I wanted to make them just because of the name.
Evidently, the cookies got their name because everyone you make them for will fall in love with you.
I guess I’m getting married to myself.
I really loved these big, chewy, sweet cookies that are packed with two types of chocolate chips and crunchy nuts. What a great idea to tuck more chips and nuts into the dough after forming into balls and before baking. The finished cookie really does look much prettier. Of course, it is the taste that counts and these chippers don’t disappoint.
I Want To Marry You Cookies
1 cup butter
1 ¼ cups light brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 cup uncooked rolled old fashioned oats
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup white chocolate chips, extra for garnishing
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, extra for garnishing
1 cup roughly chopped, toasted pecans, extra for garnishing
1. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Remove from heat.
2. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and stir until sugars are incorporated and smooth. Chill mixture for 10 minutes.
3. Remove from the refrigerator and stir in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
4. Add the flour, oats, baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt, and cinnamon and mix well.
5. Stir in the white chocolate chips, chocolate chips and pecans.
6. Scoop dough into tablespoon sized balls and place on parchment lined baking sheets. Tuck extra chips and pecans over tops of dough mounds which gives the cookies a nice appearance after baking.
7. Place baking sheets in refrigerator and chill dough balls for 30 minutes. (This step produces a much prettier cookie in that it does not flatten as much as it would were it put right into the oven. If you decide to skip the chill, the cookies are still delicious.)
8. Preheat oven to 325˚F.
9. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator and bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Allow to cool for several minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
Makes about 36 cookies
Recipe from The Café Sucré Farine
I think Noah and the gang are gonna want to make Misery Eyes happy with some cookies before the wedding.
Check out Noah + The Rescue Radio on the band’s Website, where you can link to buy the music.