Beet And Burrata Tart.
Wow. When I saw this recipe I was intrigued. Roasted beets, burrata and phyllo. Yum.
What you get is a colorful tart with cheese melting all over rosemary scented sweet beets in a flaking, crisp crust. Very different and supremely delicious.
6 medium purple and gold beets, peeled and thinly sliced
4 Tbs olive oil (divided)
2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
1 Tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
10 sheets phyllo dough
8 oz burrata cheese, roughly chopped
1/2 pound small bocconcini balls, halved
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2. Toss the beets with 2 tablespoons olive oil, balsamic vinegar and rosemary.
3. Place beets on a large baking sheet in a flat layer.
4. Roast beets for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
5. Lay two sheets of phyllo dough on another baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Repeat until all 10 sheets of phyllo dough are stacked up.
6. Fold the edges of the dough over to make the crust. Brush with the remaining olive oil.
7. Place the roasted beets on top of the phyllo dough.
8. Bake tart for 10 minutes. Scatter the burrata and bocconcini cheeses across the top of the tart.
9. Return tart to oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Serves 6 as a light dish or 12 as a starter
Recipe slightly adapted from Little Leopard Book
I’ve got my Friday synth on with this new tune from NYC-based Your Underdog.
The ‘Band Interests’ on their Facebook page cracked me up: “I just saw Scream 4, which horrified me.. so whatever those guys didnt do.”