Sweet and super rich, these Dark Chocolate, Whisky And Black Salt Tarts are not for the casual chocolate lover. Crisp pastry shells are filled with an intense ganache laced with whisky. The black salt is not only visually striking, but adds a luscious contrast to the sweetness of the chocolate.
Dark Chocolate, Whisky And Black Salt Tarts
Refrigerated pie crust dough
1/2 cup (125ml) single (light) cream
200g dark chocolate, chopped
1 Tbs brown sugar
1/4 cup (60ml) whisky
Black sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 300℉/150℃.
2. Cut rounds from dough and use to line tartlet tins. (I used 12 (3 inch) tins). Prick dough all over with a fork.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is cooked but not colored.
4. Place the cream, chocolate, sugar and whisky in a small a small saucepan over low heat and stir until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
5. Pour chocolate mixture into the tart shells. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Sprinkle with black salt before serving.
Recipe from Donna Hay Magazine
A short song.
And a beautiful, sweet song.
“If you ever need someone
to simply adore you
I will be there
standing right by your side”
Check out Dune Rats on Soundcloud, where you can link to buy their music.
Learn more about Odessa on her Website, where you can buy the music.