This Chocolate, Toffee, and Coconut Matzo recipe is one of the simplest desserts out there. It’s a sweet/salty treat that I cannot get enough of. The crisp matzo bottom is the perfect sturdy base to hold all of the yummy toppings.
4 sheets matzo
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/2 cup unsweetened shaved coconut, toasted
1 (1.4-ounce) chocolate-covered toffee bar (such as Heath or Skor), chopped
1 teaspoon flaky sea salt (original recipe calls for 2 tsp, but as much as I love salty/sweet just 1 tsp was enough for me)
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Place the matzo on a 15 x 10 inch baking sheet, breaking to fit as necessary.
3. Bake matzo until golden brown, about 8 minutes. (I toasted the nuts and coconut in the oven while the matzo was baking)
4. Sprinkle the chocolate over the matzo and return to oven. Bake until the chocolate starts to melt, about 30 seconds.
5. Remove the baking sheet and spread the chocolate over the matzo using an offset spatula or a spoon.
6. Sprinkle with the pecans, coconut, toffee bar, and salt. Let set at room temperature until cool, 20 minutes. Refrigerate until firm, 5 to 10 minutes. Break into pieces. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe slightly adapted from Real Simple Magazine
Time for a short (silly) song.
This is a sweet little song.
“La música makes everything all right
Familia, abrazos, maracas, trombón”
Check out Mister G on his Website, where you can learn of upcoming US tour dates and buy the music.