Q: Why can’t you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom?
A: Because the “P” is silent.
Sometimes Monday just needs that kind of humor!
Here’s an easy recipe that has the flavors of tamales baked up in a one skillet pie. Just make a cornbread base, soak it with some enchilada sauce and top with seasoned, shredded pork and spicy cheese. Delicious.
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 can enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded pork
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
Chopped cilantro, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400℉. Lightly grease a 9″ cast iron skillet.
2. In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt baking powder and baking soda.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together melted butter, eggs, and buttermilk.
4. Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture, and stir just until combined. Batter will be lumpy. Pour the batter into prepared skillet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, then remove skillet from oven and reduce heat to 350℉.
6. Use a fork to poke holes all over the top of the cornbread (it won’t be quite set in the center). Pour enchilada sauce over the cornbread.
7. Combine shredded meat with taco seasoning. Sprinkle meat over the cornbread. Top with shredded cheese.
9. Top piie with cilantro and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing.
Recipe from Kitchen Meets Girl
Described as a “Nordic Electro Dream Pop Duo”, Shy For Shore have a new single out. It’s a fun, easy, breezy tune to start the week off with.