Seriously, what is wrong with that girl?
And what does President Snow have to do with anything?
I mentioned in this post that I made some Hunger Games themed desserts for a party last weekend. One of the desserts were these Chocolate Dipped Cheesecake Bites topped with a white candy rose to tie into President Snow and the white rose he wears in his jacket lapel.
Chocolate covered cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts. The chocolate shell encases mini, creamy, graham crusted cheesecake bites. The bites store well in the refrigerator or freezer, so can be made well ahead of time or just to have a sweet treat waiting for a sugar emergency. With or without the rose, these bites are to die for.
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
24 ounces semisweet chocolate (I like to use half bittersweet and half semi-sweet)
3 tablespoons shortening
Candy rose decoration, optional
1. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil and grease the foil (Or use non-stick foil).
2. In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, pecans and butter. Press into prepared pan; set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour over crust.
4. Bake at 325°F for 35-40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate until chilled. Freeze overnight.
5. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate and shortening, stirring occasionally until smooth. Cool slightly.
6. Using foil, lift cheesecake out of pan. Gently peel off foil; cut into 49 squares. Remove a few pieces at a time for dipping; keep remaining squares refrigerated until ready to dip.
7. Using a toothpick, completely dip squares, one at a time, in melted chocolate. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets; spoon about 1 teaspoon chocolate over each and affix a rose, if using. (Reheat chocolate if needed to finish dipping.) Let stand for 20 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer
Recipe from Group Recipes
Thrills, a side project of Vacationer, have a debut LP out ‘Thrills of Constantly Collapsing’. It’s packed with cool, alt-pop tunes that are loaded with interesting and thoughtful lyrics.
“But what’s the use?
The past is just a fiction
And you told me the facts
Our lives don’t need the truth
From now on
Every moment’s chemistry
You and me and my anxiety”