Cheesy Onion Casserole.
Sounds kind of plain, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. The Swiss cheese and French bread make this stand out side dish taste like a cross between fondue and French onion soup.
2 Tbs butter
3 large sweet onions, sliced
2 cups (8 oz) shredded Swiss cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp soy sauce
8 slices of French bread
1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and add onions. Sauté onions until translucent.
2. In a shallow 2 quart casserole pan, layer onions, 2/3 of cheese and pepper to taste.
3. In a sauce pan, heat soup, milk and soy sauce, stirring to blend. Pour soup mixture over onions in casserole and stir gently to mix. Top with bread slices.
4. Bake uncovered at 350℉ for 15 minutes or when top of bread is toasted.
5. Push bread slices under the sauce and top with the remaining cheese.
6. Place casserole back in oven and bake for 15 minutes longer.
Recipe from Instructables.com
‘Fortress Round My Heart’, the debut album from Norway’s Ida Maria was one of my favorites from 2008. She since went on to release two other really good albums and now has a new EP Out.
‘Accidental Happiness’ continues with Ida Maria’s typical raw edge. The songs feel dark, the lyrics are a bit sarcastic, and her voice is as raspy, shouty and sinister as ever. It just ends too soon.
Fortunately, a bonus track, “Sick Of You”, was just released for those of us left wanting more.
Check out Ida Maria on her Website, where you can buy the music.