A wonderful change up to the typical green salad, this Celery And Marcona Almond Salad is a crunchy, fresh tasting treat.
1/2 cup Marcona almonds, coarsely chopped
1-1/2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
6 large ribs celery, trimmed and sliced inch thick, plus 1/2 cup leaves from the inner stalks
6 ounce chunk Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F.
2. Bake the almonds on a small rimmed baking sheet until several shades darker, about 9 minutes. Set aside.
3. Combine the lemon juice and oil in a large bowl. Whisk to combine. Toss with the celery and celery leaves.
4. Finely grate about 1/3 cup of the cheese into the salad. Add half of the almonds and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Divide the salad among 4 plates and sprinkle with the remaining nuts. Use a vegetable peeler to shave some curls of cheese onto each salad.
Recipe from Fine Cooking Magazine
Try not to smile and tap your feet while listening to this song.
“Wake me up with that feel good feeling
Keep it bubbling.”
Check out Fire Chief Charlie on the band’s Website, where you can buy their music.